Herne Katha - Civil Registry Discussion

Welcome to the Civil Registry, Herne Katha! Members of the Civil community may reach out to you with questions that could range from editorial policy, to privacy policies to business models. You will get an email alert every time there is a comment relating to your Civil Registry Profile.

Cross-posting from previous discussion forum for posterity:

Christine Bush – 2 months ago

Welcome. Thank you for applying to Civil. I do not have sufficient language fluency to comment on your work so I cannot participate in evaluating your newsroom. Best wishes.

Reidob

1 month ago

Even without understanding Nepalese, the videos are delightful. You might want to give them a view. I really enjoyed the ones I looked at.

greylockglass

1 month ago

I don’t speak the language but the production values are very clearly high, and you story telling methods are recognizable and artful. I hope someone who speaks this language can weigh in and confirm that your newsroom is doing some great work.

My only real concern is that YouTube is seemingly your only platform. I wonder if your newsroom might be more under your control if you at least have a website where you could embed videos. That way, it your YouTube channel ever was shut down, people would still be able to go to your site for news.

Reidob

1 month ago

Thanks for your great work. I have reviewed several of your videos and, although I don’t speak the language in which they are produced, it is clear that this is original work filled with respect and love for the people you portray. Glad to have you on Civil.

HaimR

1 month ago

I applaud your work and wish you success. For those Civilians who speak English, there are over a dozen Herne Katha video stories subtitled in English: