Crypto Curation - Civil Registry Discussion

Hi Crypto Curation. You have successfully submitted your application to join the Civil Registry. Over the next 10 days, members of the Civil community may reach out to you with questions regarding your editorial policy, privacy policy, and business model. Newsrooms will get an email alert every time there is a comment relating to their Civil Registry Profile. Please make sure to check this discussion forum regularly to respond to community comments.

(Cross-posting from previous discussion forum, for posterity:)

peterj
3 months ago
If CryptoCurator has withdrawn his submission (shown as having happend 6 days ago) - why is this challenge still here?

dallendoug
3 months ago
I don’t think that there is currently a way to withdraw from the contract once you have entered into it. The voting and reveal will have to run their course.
CryptoCurator
3 months ago
GustavMarwin, I appreciate the challenge and you are correct on many front. It was my misunderstanding as to the full nature of Civil. I respectfully withdraw my submission because the last thing I’d desire to do is violate the terms and quality of the Civil community. Thanks for your challenge and review.
Respect4
GustavMarwin
3 months ago
The challenge was not mine but I appreciate that you understand the points that have been expressed. Not sure if you will want to make the adjustment necessary to be able to qualify as a Civil newsroom but I do hope that you will consider it.
CryptoCurator
3 months ago
GustavMarwin - oops - I made an assumption there - my apologies. I would love to try to adjust to meet the qualification of Civil but at the end of the day for what I am doing, it would be too stringent and complex at this time for me to adjust. I do appreciate the kind response. My goal is to raise awareness about what is happening in the World of Crypto and I feel I achieve that daily. I am a soloprenuer and honestly just having fun with what I do.

Respect1
Reidob
3 months ago
I’m not sure you can withdraw your submission, unfortunately. Once you have entered into a smart contract, it must be executed. At least that’s my (admittedly very limited) understanding.

CryptoCurator
3 months ago
Understand.
Reidob
3 months ago
I concur with Gustav. It appears that the only way to view your content is to subscribe, but for the purposes of application to Civil, this is not sufficient. We need to be able to see samples of your work in order to ensure that you are applying in good faith.
Respect1
CryptoCurator
3 months ago
Reidob - Yes - my daily news briefs are no cost subscriptions. As stated before - I will withdraw my submission or allow the expiration to occur.
GustavMarwin
3 months ago
(Edited)
Extract from the Civil Constitution: “Permanence: Newsrooms should consider providing a permanent a record of their work. Journalistic content is considered public record and part of a community’s archive.” Please provide to the community access to the archive of your work. How else do you expect us to be able to review your submission? Please give us all the necessary access to review your content. Also, it would be unfair to do this at the last moment, we need time to review. A challenge might be created if this does not happen at least 7 days before the end of the review period. Thank you.
Respect1
GustavMarwin
3 months ago
I see someone already challenged this Newsroom. Since at the time of this challenge, there was less than 7 days left before the end of the approval process, I will therefore vote against this newsroom mainly for lack of involvement and care with this review process. But certainly also, for some of the very valid points raised by the person who created this challenge. Newsrooms applying to the registry need to show us, the Civil community, that they care about being part of this carefully curated list we’re making, show us that their motives are aligned with ours.
CryptoCurator
3 months ago
Also to ensure I am clear - currently this challenge show that there is still 8 days left.

8 days 22 hours 18 minutes 36 seconds Remaining Newsroom listing is under challenge until 2019-4-18 16:12 GMT-0400

GustavMarwin
3 months ago
The review period and challenge period have two different countdowns. Once a newsroom is challenged, the countdown is set to 10 days. When your newsroom was challenged, the review period countdown was indeed under 7 days.
CryptoCurator
3 months ago
Ah - makes sense. I didn’t realize that.