Bankless Times - Civil Registry Discussion

Welcome to the Civil Registry, Bankless Times! Members of the Civil community may reach out to you with questions that could range from editorial policy, to privacy policies to business models. You will get an email alert every time there is a comment relating to your Civil Registry Profile.

Cross posting this from the previous discussion forum for posterity:

Benjamin 2 months ago

This article was raised in Slack as a problematic article given it being a simply republished press release:

https://www.banklesstimes.com/2019/04/03/iovation-updates-toughen-security-standards/

What happened to allow this to be published?

mariabustillos

2 months ago

No reply to this post?

There are a few posts like this. Please respond. Newsrooms that don’t adhere to the principles outlined in the Constitution will be challenged.

JohnKWhite

2 months ago

Apologies for the late response, just saw this today. I will make an addition to the site that references when we share press releases versus original reporting.

JohnKWhite

2 months ago

Apologies for the late response, just saw this today. I will make an addition to the site that references when we share press releases versus original reporting.

JohnKWhite

2 months ago

I’ve added “Press Releases” as a category on the post. We’ll do so on similar posts going forward. There is a value to sharing releases on our site when we don’t have time to work on all of the stories that are submitted to us.
JohnKWhite

2 months ago

My plan is to work through all of our posts over the next two weeks to ensure correct labelling and attribution.

1 Like